A – The “Use Agreement”; Binding Legal Agreement; Governing Law
1) The use of the Site, including all aspects of accessing and interacting with its contents, is governed by this Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (the “Use Agreement”).
2) This Use Agreement specifically applies to: a) the information made available by HLS Attorneys through this website (the “Information”); b) the relationship between the Visitor and HLS Attorneys; c) HLS Attorneys’ use of the Visitor’s information gathered through this website; and d) the Visitor’s use of the third-party software functionality included in the Site.
3) If the Visitor does not agree to the terms of this Use Agreement, the Visitor is not permitted to access the Site.
4) By accessing the Site, the Visitor specifically acknowledges that this User Agreement represents a binding contract of use between HLS Attorneys and the Visitor.
5) The Visitor’s use of the Site is governed by the applicable laws of the United States and the state of New York, without reference to conflict of laws principles that would require the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction, and any disputes arising out of such use shall be resolved exclusively in the courts of New York.
B – No Attorney-Client Relationship; Not Legal Advice, Advertising or Solicitation
1) The Site is not an invitation to form an attorney-client relationship. HLS Attorneys establishes attorney-client relationships with individuals and entities only after entering into a written legal services agreement complying with applicable attorney regulations and guidelines. The Visitor agrees that access to the Site, the receipt of the Information and the Visitor’s transmission of any e-mail via this Site will not be treated as confidential and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If the Visitor wishes to become a client of HLS Attorneys and engage in confidential communications, the Visitor and the law firm must confirm in writing the terms of representation to establish such a relationship.
2) The Information is made available for general informational purposes only, and is not intended to constitute specific legal advice or to be a substitute for advice from qualified legal counsel. There is no guarantee that the Information will remain be complete, remain updated to reflect recent developments in the law, or is accurate in the Visitor’s jurisdiction. The Visitor should obtain advice from qualified legal professionals before taking any actions, or refraining from taking any actions, based on the Information.
3) The Site is not intended to be an advertisement or solicitation for retention. The legal professionals whose practice experience is described on this Site are licensed to practice law in the state designated in their respective biographies. There is no procedure in New York State for certifying an attorney as a “specialist” by any authority regulating the New York legal profession. The attorneys listed on this Site therefore are not certified as an “expert” or “specialist” under any body of laws or regulations.
C – Copyright; Trademarks/Service Marks; Electronic Mail; Prohibited Uses
1) The Site and the Information collectively are protected by United States and international copyright laws, as applicable. All rights are reserved. Subject to the terms of this Use Agreement, HLS Attorneys grants to the Visitor a limited, nonexclusive, personal license to access, view, download and print the Information solely for noncommercial and informational purposes. The Visitor may not modify the Information, and the Visitor may not remove or obscure any copyright or permission notices provided on or in connection with the Information.
2) HLS Attorneys does not grant to the Visitor any rights in its trademarks/service marks (collectively, the “Marks”). The Visitor is free to hyperlink to any page in the publicly available pages of the Site; provided, however, that the Visitor agree to remove any such hyperlink upon HLS Attorneys’ written request.
3) The Visitor may send e-mail to addresses made HLS Attorneys makes available on the Site for the purposes of requesting alerts or other news notification services, requesting information regarding HLS Attorneys or legal or other services offered by HLS Attorneys, and inquiring about employment opportunities. Given the nature of certain e-mail transmission, HLS Attorneys might delay its response, or decline to respond entirely, to a Visitor’s transmission. For immediate attention, or if a timely response is desired or necessary, we strongly urge that you contact us by telephone rather than e-mail.
4) The Visitor will not use the Site in violation of any applicable law and specifically the Visitor will not use the Site to engage in: a) the infringement of intellectual property rights including HLS Attorneys’ rights in its Marks and its articles and alerts; b) the unauthorized transmission of unsolicited commercial electronic mail; c) the transmission of defamatory materials; or d) fraud. The Visitor will not hack into the Site or facilitate the violation of the security of the Site.
5) Internet Service Providers, e-mail hosting companies, anti-virus companies and other parties exert control over the ability to reliably send and receive e-mail. It is possible for your e-mail to be deleted by such a party prior to its receipt by the firm, and without the firm’s knowledge or consent. For that reason, if you send us an important e-mail message, you should contact HLS Attorneys via telephone to verify receipt. Service and notice of legal pleadings or other papers is not accepted through this Site.
6) Hypertext links are included in the Site directing Visitors to third party websites that are found in the Site are not necessarily controlled by HLS Attorneys, and no warranties or representations are made concerning the quality, safety or suitability of the content of these sites. Connecting to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
D – No Warranties; Disclaimer of Liability
1) THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO THE VISITOR “AS IS.” TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND RULES OF PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION, HLS ATTORNEYS DISCLAIMS ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OPERATION.
2) THE VISITOR AGREES THAT THE USE OF THE SITE IS AT ONE’S OWN RISK, AND THAT NONE OF THE PARTIES INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THIS SITE IS LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER LOSSES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES OR ANY KIND (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES, EXPERT FEES, OR OTHER DISBURSEMENTS) WHICH MAY ARISE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THROUGH THE ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING OF THIS SITE OR THROUGH THE VISITOR’S DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO OR AUDIO FROM THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANYTHING CAUSED BY ANY VIRUSES, BUGS, HUMAN ACTION OR INACTION OR ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM, PHONE LINE, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR PROGRAM MALFUNCTIONS, OR ANY OTHER ERRORS, FAILURES OR DELAYS IN COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS OR NETWORK CONNECTIONS.